Sofia Coppola Welcomes A Baby Girl

Sofia Coppola
Sofia Coppola gave birth today (November 28th) to a girl. The father is Sofia’s boyfriend, musician Thomas Mars. No official confirmation just yet on the newborn’s arrival, but reportedly they have named her Romy.

Sofia and Thomas met after she used his band Phoenix’s song “Too Young” in the soundtrack of her 2004 film Lost in Translation, for which she won a screenwriting Oscar.

Sofia, the daughter of director Francis Ford Coppola, most recently wrote and directed Marie Antoinette, a movie about the French queen starring Kirsten Dunst.

1. Ms D says

Thanks for the info, 2kids2many..that movie was the first place I remember seeing/hearing it. 🙂

It is kind of a cute name..and more normal sounding than a lot of the other celeb baby names we usually hear. Not normal normal, but not weird, WEIRD either! LOL! 🙂

2. 2kids2many says

Ms. D. I looked it up and Romy could be short for Rosemary or it could be just Romy. I went to school with a girl named Romy and of course there is that classic movie Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion. It’s a cute kind of name!

3. Ms D says

Congratulations to Sofia and her boyfriend. 🙂

But I’ve always wondered, since the first time I heard the ‘Romy’ short for something else, or is it just Romy?

Just curious! 🙂

4. Linda says

again I ask…… Carleigh why in the he## do you think your man is on a bar stool… maybe if you were nice..for the love of God you ask for sympathy… but yet your so nasty… go away. this is a happy place to be… you need a meeting…good luck

5. Lovethebabies says

oh no – this is meant to be a nice, funny, laugh at celebs blog – this isn’t very nice if someone is feeling uncomfortable. I hope there isn’t any bullying going on.

6. nonni says

carleigh’s hit the bottle late at night has she, this same post is on every pic….who has set her off on one?? very funny….carleigh go to bed and sleep it off you sad sad cow

7. carleigh says

I am STAYING on this blog and I don’t care if you bitches like it or not..actually knowing that I am hated and annoy a majority of people on here actually makes me feel all warm and tingly inside…I’m special and I’m the one everyone’s talking about..damn I know what it feels like to be K-FED……….Babyrazzi’s most hated…Gotta love it. Everyone’s gotta have a goal and be good at something so apparently I am DAMN GOOD!

8. poopyhea says

awwww that is soo cute! Congrats Sofia im sure your new baby daughter is as BEAUTIFUL at you are happy holidays with the new family member!