Britney Files For Divorce From Kevin!

Britney Spears

Wow…this isn’t exactly surprising but it still surprises me! First Reese and Ryan and now this!
Britney filed for divorce today from Kevin, officials are reporting. The Los Angeles County Superior Court filing cites “irreconcilable differences,” said court spokeswoman Kathy Roberts.

Britney, 24, married aspiring rapper Kevin, 28, in 2004. They have a 1-year-old son, Sean Preston, and an infant son who was born on Sept. 12th. The divorce papers identify the baby as Jayden James Federline.

Britney married Kevin eight months after ending a 55-hour Las Vegas marriage to her childhood friend, Jason Alexander.
The filing comes just a day after Britney, back in top form after the birth of Jayden James, made a surprise appearance on David Letterman’s “Late Show” in New York by popping up behind him as he was sitting at his desk.

I hope Kevin doesn’t get half…I’m sure he is betting on that happening! Ugh!

I just can’t belive it he done the same to Shar and now Brittney!!! He tried to take Shar for everything she had and didnt get no where and now he is trying really hard to take what Brittney has, she is the one that made him the person he is today!!!! he just uses her for her money!!! He will need to get a real job now child support for four kids is gonna add up!!! There goes ur career K-Fed!!!! lol

2. PEGGY says

3. Shea says

I just seen a interview of him on a mtv show saying there not getting divorced???? i hope THAT isnt true lol. He had his 15 min, and the min he got BOOed off stage was the end of it.

4. chi-chi says

Let’s hear it for Britney!!!!!! We can all agree she hasn’t made the world’s best decisions at times, but people should really give her a break. She tried to make it with the loser for the sake of the kids and knew when to throw in the towel and move on. Remember she is only 24. Two children in tow she is definately maturing. Let’s hope this is the end of K-Fed for good. If people cut Brit a break, I’m sure she can become the best Mom those two little boys could hope for.

5. kelley says

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes! I am so glad that now the world can finally breathe a sigh of relief that we will not have to say “dump that looser” anymore. It will most likely be a very messy, and very public divorce. There is a joke I once heard that applies well here…….”why is divorce so expensive?…….because it’s worth it”

Britney was going to have a hard time selling herself back to the public as long as she was with fed ex, but now she has a real chance.

6. JOJO says

she just married him to have children and now that she has two kids she divorces him no wonder she got pregnant so quickly after sean was born i am glad though that she got rid of that loser!

7. pagal38 says

Lets not forget little Sean Preston & Jayden I Hope they can work something out that they equally see their children & be peaceful about it with each other for Sean & the babys sake , As for Britney I saw On E News ! on Tv last night they will have shared visitation & Britney will have Primary sole custody of both & Kevin only gets as much money as he is entitled to for as long as they were married & now he has to pretty much rely on his rappin career alone , Britney does look happy now & she looked so sad with Matt Laur’s interview like she was unhappy . I Always thought that when you get married it should be forever but I’m Divorced now & Sometimes I Think For all involved its for the better .

8. margaret says

hey i’m glad that y\they are bracking up i love her and i hate him and when he came along she started boing the bad thing she was my fav singer ever but he changed her!!

9. Jamie says

I think all that can be said about Britney filling for divorce from K-Fed is that it is about time!

To be completely honset I dont find anything about this sad. I think she will be way better off. He is no help to her and he takes no responsibility! Maybe she can get a better reputation now. I think it is a good thing for her. I wish her the best.

11. Rue says

WAY TO GO BRIT!!!! I’m so happy for her cause she deserves WAY better, you go girl and find you another Justin!!!! WE want the old Brit Back!!

12. star says

it’s about time she opened her hill billie eyes.Maybe now she’ll take showers more often. And start to look like a descent person. She needs to find a real man and stop dateing cartoons. Somebody needs to tell her to stop looking in garbage cans for men. And one more thing katie needs to make like the run-away bride and jump off tom’s UFO.

13. Paula says

Now she’s got two kids by him and will be stuck with him forever. He will always be a heavy chain around her neck. I agree with 22 and 23. She’s done a lot of stupid things, not that people haven’t, but she seemed to flaunt it more than most. Getting publicity and staying in the papers constantly. This is just another attention getter. And she’s good for saying one thing and doing something else. Nothing but contradictions.

I don’t think the bob is only Jessica Simpson’s style, I think it’s pretty common these days. And her dress is not just a js dress either!! I’d have to say that her appearance now, as well as ending her divorce, and taking care of her own life, are pretty much the most grown up things she’s done in a VERY long time! You have to give her SOME credit, wgaca, she’s at least trying, and I’d say doing a damn good job so far. There are SO many girls who go through this kind of crap, dating loser guys going nowhere, etc. The difference is that she’s done it in the public eye, and she needed to come into her own in her own time…I think she’s almost there.

15. What goes around comes around says

Well I feel she is getting her due back!!HE was not married but he was in a long time relationship and had a baby on the way. She should have left that alone. All of the men in the world and you go and hook up with someone bringing nothing to the table and already attached.She needs to get a life and an identy because I am not sure why seh came on the show with Jessica Simpson’s hairstyle and dress. Your a mom now Brit act like an adult!!

16. Louisianagal says

Stupid girl! Let’s see what stupid thing she does next time. Her track record is getting to be a mile long. Just another way to gain publicity. Not that she didn’t need to divorce the jerk but she should have has better since than to marry him and have kids by him. Look what he was before with the other woman. Two words. Birth control!!!!

I bet she was trying to wait out her last pregnancy to see if she could make things work and when she realized there was NO way, I wonder if other stars like Denise Richards or Angelina inspired her to go it alone, knowing it would be harder…

There may be hope for this girl yet.
    K-Fed was such a loser I am so glad this girl finally woke up and smelled the coffee. She will be better off in the long run.
    All the best Brit to you and your handsome babies!!!

19. Lucia says

please don’t let this be a joke…please don’t let this be a joke!!! it’s about time…OMG!!! she tried so hard with that looser but all he did was take advantage…uhhhh, i’m glad she’s divorcing that sorry ass nobody!!!

20. To imo.... says

I think she would have divorced him sooner, but turned out she was pregnant with Jayden, so she gave him a bunch more chances. He was never with her, always pics of him at some club ot another, all the time. He never respected her or the fact he wouldn’t have gotten into ANY of those clubs unless he was Mr. Britney Spears. He is so cocky, thinking anyone would, or had before, give him the time of day, unless for Britney.

Now I’m not a big Britney fan, she came way after my time, my nieces were, but any man who disrespects his wife, the mother of his children the way he did and does, deserves the heave ho. Sean Preston barely knows the man as dad, and Jayden hasn’t a clue. It is sad to see a family break-up, but sadder to let it drag on and on and let those boys see the way her treats thier Mom. She deserves much more than the likes of Fed-Ex. I say finally Britney came into her senses since hooking up with him. You Go Girl!
    Funny, my husband asked me about a month ago, standing in a long line at Wal-Mart the rag mags are there, he is flipping through them. Then he says to me “What the hell did she ever see in him?” I said “Only she knows.” Hubby says “Does his face look just like a rat to you too?” I laughed so hard. It was so dead on.

21. Missy says

I remember reading a long time ago that they did in fact have a prenup. K-Fed stands to get $350,000 for every year that they were married.

Britney woke up finally! She is probably quite sad being she has two little boys involved now! Wow it must have been hell in that mansion for the last few months… will it get messy?!?

23. Elle says

I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy… Celebrity gossip should not make me smile so much. Its just that this is so healthy for her! Reese and Ryan’s divorce is sad, devastating. This one, it seems like Britney worked her way up to it, and shes making smart decisions and its just so great to see her reclaim herself like that.
    I’m just so happy for her. Good job Brit!

24. Ruby Jackson says

Hey, wasn’t Donald Trump all in a tizzy because Britney refused to sign a pre-nup?

Now, all of a sudden, she’s got an ‘iron-clad’ contract.

I’m confused. I hope she does have one, because he’s smarmy and doesn’t deserve anything she earned.

25. Lacy says

she does have an “iron-clad pre-nup.” i read an article, she wants full custody of both her children and has hired the best divorce lawyer in hollywood to make it happen. her name is laura wasser or something like that. she has filed divorces for celebrities like angelina jolie, apparently reese and ryan both wanted her to represent them but she said she couldn’t for personal reasons. she is probably doing fine now though because she is going to represent britney. and about the k-fed thing, it’s good she left him because he was probably just using her. he isn’t even that handsome, quite trash-looking in fact.

26. Ms D says

If you’re bad Kelsey, so am I. 😉

Now I’m not really a Britney fan..but I always thought it was apparent that he was taking advantage of her to try and launch his own career. Well, from everything I’ve read, that has bombed too (his career). Now I haven’t heard his music–but I don’t know how anyone would ever be able to take a backup dancer turned singer seriously after he, basically out of the blue, up and married an actual pop star.

It’s always sad to see a marriage break up, especially when there are kids involved, but I do think that he was not helping her career at all. And luckily the babies are pretty small, so hopefully that will make it a bit easier on them.

And I should HOPE they’d have a pre-nup..even Britney can’t be so dumb as to have NOT covered her bases when she married him.

27. Claire says

i read that its an iron clad prenup. has the divorce papers. this is actually a good divorce unlike reese and ryans. brit looks so good. good luck now kevin paying child support to you other two kids.

28. Kelsey says

Is is bad that I am secretely thrilled that Britney finally kicked K-Fed to the curb? She can do way better than that money-seeking, so-called “rapper.” I really think that she is trying to get her life and her career back together. You go Britney!

29. 2kids2many says

Wow! First Jessica & Nick; then Travis & Shanna; Carmen & Dave, and now Britney & Kevin! Lesson Learned: if you do reality t.v…’re marriage is doomed!

30. Fancy says

At the risk of offending someone I will repeat myself :The guy’s a total Cletus, and she’s the bride of Cletus.
    It’s going to take more than divorce to put her right.
    One can only hope that through some genetic mutation their baby cheetolitos develop unscathed by the obviously bubbling backwoods gene pools these two sprang from.

31. Essie says

CNN said she has an “iron clad” prenup so, apparently he won’t get much. Any amount would be more than he has since he has nothing.

Britney Spears a “southern belle.” Now, that’s priceless!!! I like Brit, but she’s trailer trash even without Kevin!!!

32. HotMama says

Let’s hope she has a pre-nup!! And GOOD FOR HER!!! It’s about time she woke up and saw what trash he was/is!! Maybe now we’ll see the real Britney back, the one who doesn’t act like trailer trash, but more like the southern bell that she is!!

33. Danielle says

I read on one of the sites that she wasn’t asking for Spousal Support, (duh, he’s broke!!!)
    I sure hope he doesn’t. And I too thought they had a prenup.