Katie Holmes At Brooke Shield's Charity Party

Katie Holmes and Katie Holmes chatted and Katie admired little 6-month-old Grier (Brooke’s youngest daughter) at Brooke Shield’s charity party in the Pacific Palisades on Sunday.

Brooke Shields

Brooke Shields

Brooke Shields

Why isn’t Katie with Suri? I realize it must be a privacy thing, but it just seems so natural to see Brooke holding her baby like that.

Comments

1. jeryiciecycle says

She raced down them, not slowing when she reached ways that were unfamiliar to her. She simply occupied a part of his brain, and now Radin was there as well. Most commonly, those who were truemated fell in love, sometimes instantly sometimes it took centuries. Didnt matter that only Lanthan was touching her. Dont put me to sleep. He nudged her from behind. Had grown up together under the same master. Smiling, too happy to remain still, Eyrhaen pushed up onto all fours over Hyles hips. Maybe she should run and change. I could have been right! I hope youll eventually forgive me, but I dont expect it to happen now. The outer door to her suite opened quietly. Would you let me go? He kissed her before she could answer, lips pressing to hers. Her pussy wept, neglected, but she wouldnt have stopped him for anything. She gasped, stiffening when Brevin lost patience and thrust hard from underneath. Even from a distance, the man was striking. That, and you havent asked to talk to me alone before. She hardly knew how to ask. Touching another had never been like this.

2. carleigh says

Ramona your right, I believe Brook either graduated from Harvard or maybe Yale but I definitly know it was an Ivy league college. I would love to see Brook whip Katie back to reality! LOL

3. Ramona says

Of course they’re friends, who else is gonna slip Katie the Wellbutrin she needs to carry on with this farce?
    Brooke is a strong, smart ,well educated woman. I think I sense an intervention here folks. Go Brooke Go!

4. Nisa says

Olivia I disagree with you, I think a misfit will be one even if the are in the public eye often, but I agree with you that, suri will be shocked at 18 when she is mobbed coming out of a super market.

Any way I am not surprised by TC because he did not put his other kids in the limelight. May be by the time suri is 18 his parents will be nobodies, but I dont think so.

Please dont be hard on Tom look at M.J his kids will not be recognised as the wackos kids and be ridiculed, am not saying I approve of his muslins over their heads but look on the brighte side, can you recognise them from other 10 kids of the same age?

5. Litz says

No 48, don’t scare me, am looking forward to the wedding so that I can see Suri, I will be devasted if they don’t show her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Olivia says

When I think about it, we are very careful to insure socializing our dogs and to keep them socialized through out their life time. The rule around here is 120 different people and 120 different situations prior to 6 months of age. And please don’t say I’m comparing Suri to any of our security dogs, because I most certainly am not. The rule was installed due to the need for each of them in finding and maintaining an acceptance for real life as well as their responsibilities towards our family and property. It does not matter what precautions are taken, if there is something that can possibly go wrong, it will. They must each be prepared for the unexpected with out a severe injury or death occuring. In order for them to have healthy, responsible mind’s they must know how to deal with a reality other than simply security from those intending harm. There is always going to be the possibility which may occur. I brought this up because everything and everyone needs socialization and I do not believe Suri is any exception. I would tend to think she would be more able to handle being TC & KH daughter in the real world if she was occassionally allowed to observe it. This girl is going to be terrified when she becomes aware the real world exists. Does TC want his daughter a miss fit who is unable to function in the real world? Her mental stability will be at risk if this is the case and she is sure to be hurt by the results.

7. Lucy says

Something no one seems to be pointing out when comparing lack of suri sightings to the lack of sitings of Shiloh or Jayden/Sutton is how often do you see Angelina or Brittany out without their kids? It seems daily you see Katie out without her baby sometimes for days on end (shopping in Paris) and yet you rarely see Brit or Brangelina out without one of their kids. I don’t see either of them doing daily shopping sprees childless. I can see not wanting to bring the baby out to for everyone to snap pictures of it, but at least stay home and spend some quality time with them once and a while…

8. Emily says

I bet their will be wedding pictures of Tom and Katie and no Suri, how much do you want to bet on that one?

9. pagal38 says

I Just think Some Moms Choose To Do Everything Themselves & Other Moms such As Katie Get Help With Nannies etc: Were just so used to seeing celebrities like Britney Spears ,Brooke Shields ,Gwen Stafani All Out & About With their children All the Time & I Would think that Katie Would Love Going Out & About Showing Her Little Bundle Of Joy But she chooses to leave her with nannies so everyones different i guess.

10. Helen says

Brooke Shields & Katie Holmes: New B.F.F.s

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 01, 2006 08:50AM EST

Despite her very public battle with Tom Cruise, when Brooke Shields met up with his fiancée, Katie Holmes, at a charity event in Pacific Palisades, Calif., Oct. 29, the two “were so lovely to each other,” an onlooker tells PEOPLE in its new issue.

Perhaps that’s because they go way back – to the September premiere of Grey’s Anatomy, at least, which they watched together in Shields’s living room. (After Cruise slammed Shields for using medication to treat her postpartum depression, he famously apologized in August.)

Coincidentally, the two new moms gave birth – Shields, 41, to her second daughter, Grier, and Holmes, 27, to daughter Suri – on the same day, April 18, and at the same L.A. hospital.

The two are “absolutely” friends, Shields told Access Hollywood at the Pacific Palisades event, which benefited Hands of Change, an employment and mentoring program for women. “You never know how life is going to bring people together.”

11. Helen says

Brooke Shields & Katie Holmes: New B.F.F.s

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 01, 2006 08:50AM EST

Despite her very public battle with Tom Cruise, when Brooke Shields met up with his fianc?e, Katie Holmes, at a charity event in Pacific Palisades, Calif., Oct. 29, the two “were so lovely to each other,” an onlooker tells PEOPLE in its new issue.

Perhaps that’s because they go way back ? to the September premiere of Grey’s Anatomy, at least, which they watched together in Shields’s living room. (After Cruise slammed Shields for using medication to treat her postpartum depression, he famously apologized in August.)

Coincidentally, the two new moms gave birth ? Shields, 41, to her second daughter, Grier, and Holmes, 27, to daughter Suri ? on the same day, April 18, and at the same L.A. hospital.

12. Annet says

I agree with No 32 How come no one is asking about Sutton price/ Jayden Jame? I bet if tomkat went everywhere with Suri the same people would ask why they are always showing off the child, because for all their strangeness they have the cutest baby in Hollywood!

13. Lucia says

i wouldn’t want to go anywhere without my child (he’s 10 months old) and i love to show him off…not to mention the socializing he does is great for him. Why doesn’t she bring her daughter out…enough with the paparazzi and fear of them…come on…all the other celebs bring their kids out…she’s like the ONLY one that doesn’t…now I’m starting to wonder if Suri really is their baby…at first i was all for defending Katie and Tom but not…this is getting rediculous. Take that baby out for a freaking stroll already and have her meet other babies for God’s sakes!!!!!

14. sillygirl says

Can anyone say ‘Child Neglect”. Lets have a baby and turn it over to the Scientology people. I am telling you, these people don’t deserve the honor of being parents. The first words the nanny will hear will be Ma Ma.

15. Lucy says

It’s obvious that Katie Holmes does not enjoy spending time at home or with her child. These first months are crucial for children in terms of bonding and feeling safe, getting to know the important people in their lives, and it’s evident that Katie would rather be in paris shopping than home with her 5 month old daughter. How sad!

The entire relationship is pathetic and strange. I feel sorry for Suri.

16. minkysmom says

I read somewhere that it isn’t really brooke’s daughters in the commercials, just look a like kids.

17. Olivia says

To me, the baby in the first photo looks to be the same aga and size as the Suri photo’s that were in VF. I have to wonder if the reason Suri is not at this part or out and about is because Suri is considerably older that Brooks who were said to have been born on the same day in the same hospital. Could it be if these two babies were together the age would bring on questions. Again the ever changing belly, and several mentioned Suri looks like Chris Klien. I can’t imagine any mother not bringing her child to a party where there was sure to be a baby born same time same day, same place. I know I’d want to show off

18. Bethany says

2kids2many….that was the most hilarious post!!! I guffawed aloud!!! I think those glasses that Katie is always wearing are her “Scientology lenses”…she can only see what Tom wants her to see. Like, “No seeing Suri, no seeing other men, only see shopping, only see your stepchildren play sports, etc etc”. Very strange indeed that she can’t take her own daughter anywhere. Remember that children’s show a long time ago where the family had a robot “daughter” who lived in a closet? Maybe that’s what Suri is….a robot Scientology baby!

19. pat says

answer to #31 question=They are to busy picking apart Tom and Katie and the fact they don”t keep their daughter in the spotlight…….They’re a easy couple to rip apart in the media…….One of these days they’ll find a new couple to start on…………………………………………………………….

20. litz says

I think you are all being unfair the party was a fundraising organised by Brook Sheilds, probably ….am not sure…… at her placeso she had her Kid, say the truth you just want to see Suri, ask nicely

21. PS says

Thanks Stella for the site. That tall thing is cleared up in my mind. Looks like she was standing on stairs. Whew!

22. Anna says

Does anybody wonder that they might want to protect her privacy? You hardly see Shiloh too (seen twice in 6months!).

23. lou says

i think these pics are really sad, i bet kate wanted her baby there to show off like the other mums but for watever reason she didnt have her there and that is just so sad.

p.s-ive seen lots of pics of shiloh and other famous babys who are probably “worth” as much in terms of pics. her beckhams are very popular over here but there are always lots of pics of them and their kids

24. Lisa says

how about some socialization for poor baby Suri

she should be right there on her mamas hip enjoying the nice party : (

25. pat says

Here we go again…..Leave the woman alone, she may not want her daughter picked to death by the media the way she and her soon to be husband are every time they go out in public….When she feels like taking her daughter out with her that is exactly what would happen, Because people have no respect anymore. No one should be the judge on the time table she gives her family she has yet to be brought up on charges of neglect for her child……get a life and leave it alone……………………………………………………………

26. AJ Fan says

My guess is that they are getting exactly what they want. Media attention and speculation. It is a shame we don’t see more of Suri out and about.

27. Lolitha says

Brangelina are always seen with their Kids.This katie and Tom irritate the life of me.This Tom said he wanted to turn the baby into a genuis i guess thats why Katie is not seen out with her sehs busy reading,studying and learning…….Pssst i heard she can speak 12 foreign languages and solve phythagoras theorems.She already plays the piano and presiding over some scientology sermos…..way to go TomKat

28. Kat says

Another thing about them… Katie was supposedly breastfeeding. I am still breastfeeding my 5 month old, and I know I can’t get away with being away from her for as long as Katie (I’m sorry, KATE) does. Even early on, when it’s IMPOSSIBLE for a breastfeeding mother to be away from her baby for more than an hour, she was photographed shopping and stuff. Unless she did a LOT of pumping, I just don’t buy it. What a weirdo family.

29. Alley says

DID ANYONE OFFER MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR THE FIRST BABY PHOTOS OF THESE OTHER CELEBRITIES YOU SPEAK OF, THE ONES THAT DO TAKE THEIR BABIES OUT WITH THEM?

NO, I DON’T THINK SO.

SO WHY CAN THEY AFFORD TO TAKE THEIR KIDS OUT?

BECAUSE THEIR BABY PICS ARE NOT AS VALUABLE.

WOULD TAKING PHOTOS OF THEIR BABIES CAUSE A MEDIA FRENZY?

NO, I DON’T THINK SO!

OH, NO WONDER THEY CAN AFFORD TO TAKE THEIR BABIES OUT!

OH, NO WONDER BRANGELINA HARDLY EVER TAKES SHILOH OUT AS MUCH AS THESE OTHER CELEBRITES!

I’VE ONLY SEEN SHILOH 3 TIMES
    1. ON THE COVER OF PEOPLE
    2.ON A GERMAN MAGAZINE, CANDID PHOTO
    3 PHOTO OF ANGELINA HIDING SHILOH UNDER A BLANKET, BUT NOT ZAHARA!

GEEE I WONDER WHY SHE DIDN’T COVER ZAHARA?

GEE I WONDER WHY BRAGELINA HARDLY EVER TAKES OUT SHILOH, BUT DOES TAKE OUT MADDOX AND ZAHARA!

GEEE I WONDER!

30. 2kids2many says

WRITE YOUR OWN CAPTION:

Picture #1:
    (Katie to Brooke) “Wow! Is that a baby?”

Picture #2:
    (Katie to Brooke) “It is a baby! I think I have one of these somewhere.

Picture #3:
    (Katie to Brooke) “Hey Brooke, Can I borrow some of your Prozac (for PPD). Tom won’t let me have any!

Hee hee…all in fun! 🙂

31. Tonya says

They are the strangest people I have ever seen. You do see Katie out a lot. I guess Crazy Tom is the one taking care of Suri most of the time. I have noticed that the only times you see him is only at the kids’ games. Oh lord, that is certainly not the influence you want for a baby.

32. kk_619 says

I agree with Miss Mama… You would think that there would at least be some pics ‘taken from far away’ by the razzi of them putting Suri into the car, or maybe a pic of them trying to block the razzi from taking a pic, or SOMETHING!!! I really do wonder if Suri even exists still. I could understand them not wanting to take Suri out (to an extent) because of all the razzi, but then you would think that we just wouldnt see much of Katie either, because any normal Mom would be at home with her baby right?? It just makes no sense at all. Im really starting to wonder about this weird family, if Suri is real I really wonder what she is going to grow up like as well. STRANGE FAMILY!!!!

33. Ruby Jackson says

I agree with all the comments about how weird this situation is, but did anybody notice….

Katie is actually wearing something other than a turtleneck!!

34. MissyMama says

This just keeps getting more and more weird. This child must never go outside the house. There are no pics of Tom and or Katie getting her in or out of the car, no pics of either of them taking her for a walk in the stroller, no pics of them going anywhere with Suri. What kind of parents NEVER take their child outside the house?

Ohh that child needs some socialization, how cute it would be for Grier and Suri to be playmates! They share the same birthday, that’s quite ironic!

36. star says

I’m starting to beleive that Suri is not even katie and tom’s. That is why we never see her with them. what else would explaine suri’s absence. That is just plain rediculous. No mother can leave their child alone all the time. look at all the other celebrity mothers, they are always seen with their children. This is just too creepy. Something really weird is going on with tom and katie. Or maybe Suri was abducted by aliens.

37. PS says

I read where Brooke is like 6 feet tall. And Katie looks taller unless she’s wearing heals. If not, she is a big woman.

38. carleigh says

Suri probably knows her Scientology cult care takers as Mommy! Katie should be spending more time with Suri and an outdoor afternoon party , perfect weather, around other little babies would have been the perfect opportunity, but no, Katie never brings Suri out which makes me wonder….why did she ever have a baby if she intends to spend no time with her?

39. Christal says

I would worry that Suri is not going to bond as well with her own Mother as she will her Nanny! And if the other mothers are bringing their babies to the party, it would be a great environment for Katie and Suri to bond! But who am I to judge!?!?!

40. sillygirl says

I think they leave Suri at home because she is starting her Scientology lessons. I certainly don’t think much of her as a parent. It seems like she is away from her more than she is with her. Jetting to Paris, always out shopping at going to Soccer games. You chose to have this baby, now be a Mother and take care of her and love her instead of letting your cult nanny’s do your job! This whole Tomkat thing sickens me to no end. And why in God’s name are the other 2 kids never with Nicole?

41. kk_619 says

Katie Holmes is starting to really get on my nerves. This lady needs to spend more time with her baby, if she doesnt want to bring her out, well then stay home with her every once in a while instead of partying and shopping every day without her. The poor little baby!!!!!

42. Kelsey says

I have two comments: First, has anyone seen the new toothpaste comercials with Brooke Shield and her daughters…it is so very cute and it actually makes me want to buy the toothpaste! Second, if Brooke feels comfortable having her child at the party (who is exactly the same age as Suri), then why in the world would Katie leave Suri at home? This is getting ridiculous!

43. Diva says

That’s just weird how she’s admiring Brooke’s daughter with SEEMINGLY (I ennunciate that for obvious reasons, the whole “appearance is different than reality” hypothesis) no thought at all to the absence of her own.

44. Psychlori says

Ok, I said this before and people jumped on me about them not bringing Suri to the soccer games. Someone give me one good reason why Katie couldn’t just bring Suri with her to the party?

45. minkysmom says

people wouldn’t be so desperate to see suri if they didn’t hide her so much. it just feeds the frenzy.