Gwen Stefani Shares How Hard It Was To Lose The Pregnancy Weight

Gwen is pictured here with Kingston out in Beverly Hills yesterday.
Gwen Stefani
Five months after the birth of her son Kingston, Gwen Stefani managed to drop her pregnancy weight through a combination of healthy diet and exercise.

“Let’s just talk about how hard it’s been,” Stefani told Ryan Seacrest during an interview Monday.
“That’s been really hard,” she said of losing the weight. “But it’s almost gone.” Gwen said she’s still nursing and that her exercise regimen includes jogging regularly.

“I’ve just been eating healthy,” she said, adding, “I cheat every day at least once.”

Gwen will head out on tour in April with Kingston in tow.

“I’m excited to go out there and have the baby on the outside,” said Gwen, who announced her pregnancy during her last tour. Of Kingston, Gwen said: “He’s the greatest thing in the world. There was no transition. It was just like, ‘Where were you?’ ”

Gwen, who designs her own clothing line, L.A.M.B. – told Seacrest (after his admission that he admires Kingston’s faux-hawk) that she enjoys dressing up her son.

“He finally has enough hair to do something with it,” she said. “I was trying to give him some cooler looks.”

It’s nice to hear a new mom admit to how hard it can be to lose the weight, and not say that it just dropped off!

Source & Source

Comments

1. Diana says

Hi Carleigh – I am doing great thanks. Just enjoying my final day here in the gorgeous South Africa before returning to the UK. :0( I am not looking forward to the cold and wet weather though when I return!! It is nice to still see some familiar names on here though. There are so many new names on here since I logged on just before my holiday and it is nice that the old names still lot on and post items on here. 😉 If you get the chance to go to SA do, it really is a wonderful country.

2. joanna says

love her, shes been my icon for years. have most of her clothing range L.A.M.B fantastic! everyone, gettin a tattoo on friday cant wait!

3. carleigh says

Hi Kelley and Diana–I am fine..how are you all? Just busy w/ work and school. I am jealous of the “holiday”…. : ) !! Braydie has been back on here she posted under the Jessica Lynch post from last week. She is apparently doing much better as is her son Kris which is wonderful to hear. She didn’t say much about pregnancy other than she’s excited. I hope she comes back soon.

4. dori says

It’s so great to see this family! So normal and the baby so content. I wish more celebs were like this one. What a good example they are of not letting their celebrity control their lives.

5. mage says

I love this family. Have loved Gavin and Gwen since “Before” they wre together. Kingston just adds to the joy of this family.

All my kids had faux hawks at one time or another. First haircuts not till 2-3 years old.

6. Diana says

Hey Kelly and Carleigh – nice to see some familiar names on here after being away for a couple weeks on holiday in South Africa. Have either of you heard how Braydie is? 😉

7. Kelley says

Hey Carliegh, how are you? I was just going to share, that my sons had a full head of hair when he was born, then all of it fell out at 4 months old and all he had was some on top. I (hope) that is all the deal is there. I could be wrong of course, but I just thought it was funny when I did the same thing to Jaiden.

8. AnotherMama says

I love this family. She’s got a style All Her own and so what? Makes her all the more Memorable. the little guy is so cute.

9. Diva says

Faux hawk means it’s just combed to make it LOOK like a mohawk… not actually shaved into one, hence the faux.

But yeah, Gwen and Gavin appear to be fantastic parents and Kingston always looks SO loved.

10. carleigh says

Gwen just proves that a celeb isn’t immune to dropping those last few baby pounds. She makes motherhood look natural! She’s so pretty and Kingston is just such a little doll! I wouldn’t have shaved his head into a faux hawk though because little boys with their hair and long eyelashes are just so pretty! Oh well it’s Gwen we’re talking about so ya had to know she was gonna do something to make her little bear stand out a bit! He just always looks so contented and peaceful like he is just a mellow little guy, but every mommy knows that’s not totally true..lol