Singer Nikka Costa Welcomes A Daughter Named Sugar

Singer Nikka Costa, 34, gave birth to a baby girl named Sugar in September. Cute! Nikka is relatively unknown in the US, though is very popular in Australia and Germany. Interestingly, her godfather was Frank Sinatra! She reminds me of Shakira.

Nikka Costa

Nikka Costa
Congratulations!

Comments

1. veronica says

sugar .. I specially like that name is unique !! not like as
    michelle or ashley they’re sound so boring hello!!!!

nikka costa for the people who never heard this name before in their lives .. she’s a pop/soul singer .. a good one by the way !!

ohh …another thing her godfather was Frank Sinatra.. I hope that u people know who that men was

2. Fernanda says

I loved the name! Very creative and different! Im glad that the media hasn’t destroyed her wonderful music! The soul in it it’s umbelievable! I love Nikka!!!

3. Ms D says

Jenna..I’m IN the U.S…and I’ve NEVER heard of her..and I can’t believe I’m THAT ‘out of the celebrity loop’.
    So I’m not sure what you mean when you say that she’s ‘pretty known’ in the U.S. and then that she’s not ‘super known’..?(regardless of what she does)

4. Jenna says

shes pretty known in the US (where im from)
    shes funky and cool and comes from a talented family.
    shes not super known because she doesent sing
    crappy pop songs or crappy rap music.
    naming her kid Sugar fits her personalitiy.

5. babyhates says

It’s a dumb name ! Why don’t poeple ever think twice about what they name there kids ??????? This poor kid is gonna go around with a dumb name ! I have no idea how she is and really don’t care !

6. Ms D says

I don’t know who she is, of course..but all I can say about that name is ‘oh boy, here we go again with the crazy celeb names’.

I mean, if you want to refer to your child as ‘Sugar’ (kind of like any other ‘loving’ nickname), great..but to actually NAME her Sugar..can you imagine what it’s going to be like for that baby when she grows up?
    Maybe it’s a foreign thing…?

Oh well..not my kid!
    And congratulations on the baby anyway. 🙂

7. carleigh says

I had a dog named Sugar and I just think of a dog when I hear that name. The baby looks too cute.