Britney Gets Emotional With Matt Lauer This Thursday

Britney spoke with Matt Lauer about motherhood and her marriage in an exclusive interview that will air on Thursday, June 15 on “Today” 7 a.m. and “Dateline” (9 p.m.) It sounds like she became very emotional during the interview, which took place in her home.

Britney Spears
Britney Spears

Despite the tabloids reports of trouble on the home front, Spears shares with Lauer that her marriage with Kevin Federline is “awesome,” and that the reports of Kevin living in the basement are false. She talks about why she loves him, and reveals to Lauer, “He helps me. He has to. I’m (an) emotional wreck right now.” When asked if she feels people are rooting against her marriage, Spears says she doesn’t know, “If they are that’s sad. I think everybody should be ‘pro love.'”
Spears also shares with Lauer that motherhood is amazing, and opens up about the incident on Pacific Coast Highway where she was photographed with her son, Sean, on her lap in the car. She discusses the events that led to the situation and ultimately says, “I can’t go anywhere without someone judging me…I did it with my dad. I’d sit on his lap and I drive. We’re country.” When asked if she was upset by the headlines that ensued questioning her parental judgment, Spears defends herself, saying, “I know I’m a good mom.”

Source & Source

1. Braydie says

lisa alot of things can kill your kids….but you dont have to PUT them in situations that will harm or kill them…im sure she loves her child but theres a line and when is she going to stop blaming everyone ele for
    HER mistakes????? my husband smokes and he knows not to smoke around our child unlike britneys husband. OR britney for that matter …ive seen pics of her smoking with him in her arms and prob 2 months pregnant .

2. Braydie says

Fizz…i guess you didnt vote for bush then is that your point cuz i dont see where your post makes any sence concerning this?

3. PaGirl says

Lisa #19 I Don’t think Anyones Saying They’re Perfect But We Don’t All make Mistakes That We Choose To Do that could possibly Harm Our children ,Thats Why we Have Laws ,Thats Just not A Mistake To Take Slightly Driving With Your baby on your Lap Down a Major Highway, Its just Common Sense I Would Never Do That & If any Of Us Moms Did That I’m Sure There Would Be Consequences ,Thats Not saying She Doesn’t Love Sean But She Made Some bad Choices .And No I Don’t Think You should Smoke Around A Baby ,If You need To Smoke Why Not Go Outside ,I Don’t Smoke So I Never Had To Deal With That Situation But If I Did I Would Have Went Outside .

4. PaGirl says

I Have To say I Was Reading These Posts & I Think Most People Agree That When It Comes To a Childs Safety We Must Obey The Laws & I Will tell you I Watch an 8 week Old & a 12 month Old Whom I Took In The car the Other Day That Were Crying Both Of Them & I Couldn’t Just Face The babys Face To See Me so She Wouldn’t Stop Crying Nore Hold The baby On My Lap Or babys & Thats Just the Way It Is ,For their Own Safety I Couldn’t Just Do That & If I Would Have I Would Have been Putting The babies In Danger Not To Mention A Fine & Who Knows What Else .Its common sense & I Think That with Britney Even Being More In The public Eye She should Set an Example To Young Moms Out There .Can You Imagine If All Moms Felt That Way? The accidents That Could Happen? She Said Accidentsssss Happen I’m Just”Country” I’m sorry That Is just Not an Excuse When Your Talking About A Babies Safety . What If Brit Would Have Wrecked While Driving With baby sean? Then What? Accidents Just Happen? Noones Perfect But all It takes Is common sense & Britney Sure Has Not made Herself very Impressive As A Mother .

5. carleigh says

What does who in the hell voted for the uni-browed idiot CIC have to do with Britney Spears? I think you missed the point Fizz.

6. lisa says

she does love her child. we all make any of you smoke around your kids? that to will kill them.

7. Dawn says

I’m not one to judge other ppl cause i’m no better,but what Britney had done was very dangerous and stupid on her part. I know as a mother myself I would never put my baby in harms way,that wouldn’t be fair to my baby and wouldn’t be right for me..As a woman we are givin a chance to give a baby that God created a chance to live life to its fullest,and I personally know ppl who take that chance and abuse it in some way..I’m not saying i’m a perfect mom but i know right from wrong and smart from stupid…this goes to brit and anyone else out there,DON’T PUT YOUR BABY IN HARMS WAY,CAUSE IN THE END YOU’RE JUST GONNA REGRET IT AND WHO KNOWS IT MIGHT BE TOO LATE TO TAKE IT BACK OR DO IT OVER… Children are the most precious gifts we’ll ever get in our life time,so please don’t abuse the gift we are givin.

8. braydie says

wow sorry about the double post i wrote that first post last nite and it wasnt here when i wrote this new one…duh thats why i wrote it lol. so sorry all

9. braydie says

michelle kay is prob the stupidest person ive seen on here….i actually believe …yes im right …that its ILEGAL in all states to have your child in your lap no MATTER if your in the country or not. WOW michelle kay , i hardley agree with anyone on this site and i gotta say i agree with everyone but you. And what did you tell nicki??get a f-ing life you small minded hypocrite. well why dont you get a education in child care and let your child have a life, you freaking small minded HICK hypocrite.

10. braydie says

michelle kay— I live in the country and people DONT allow their 5 to 6 month children sit on their laps. i dont know what state you live in but i believe its ilegal in EVERY state. Im glad to hear YOU put your child in harms way everytime you drive…but hey its just cuz you live in the country right???? I dont always agree with nicki but i gotta say your the one that needs to get a f-ing life you small minded HICK hypocrite…and quit making country people sound like their some backwoods Hicks, cuz im def. not and neither is anyone I KNOW. so there!…. :+ )~~~

11. carleigh says

I saw that interview and thought it was so sad how upset she got but she still shouldn’t be taking stupid risky chances with her little boy.

12. Shirley J says

I was raised in the country, and yes, 8 and 9 year old kids sit on their parents lap and “drive.” But five month old babies DO NOT. I thought what she said was insulting to everyone living and raising children in rural America. We may be country, but we are not STUPID and we do what is best for our children just like everyone else.

13. Jennifer says

I remember when this incident first happened that her son was on her lap and I thought the media stated her statement was because the paparazzi was hounding her she drove away quickly. She said her son was on her lap because he was crying while she was waiting for her body guard to get coffee. Nice body guard, In getting coffee while brit and sean are left alone. I never really believed that scenerio but the whole “country” thing is just ridiculous. I thought in the country they rode riding lawnmowers and tractors with their kids on their lap not in cars.

Exactly Nicki,
    Hello #6, she was not in the country she was on a major Calfiornia freeway. And if it was any of us we would have had our child taken away and we would have been charged. There is no excuse for this behaviour, especially somebody like her she can pay people to wipe her own bum but why does she seem so unconcerned about her own childs safety. It should have never happened I don’t care how you try to defend it, IT WAS WRONG. And she can’t say “she didn’t know” because please she is famous with tons of money I am sure somebody could have told her. But no because she is BRITTNEY SPEARS she doesn’t have to care because her money can buy ANYTHING. JMO JMO JMO JMO.

15. PaGirl says

I like Britney But However The Excuse “I’m Country” For Holding Your baby In Your Lap While Driving ,I Don’t Get. If I Would Do That Or Anyone Else For that matter We Would Get A Fine Because It Is Definitely Dangerous & Its The Law To Have Your Child In a Safety baby seat Facing The Back Window At That age & We Should All Have To Abide By The Law & Do It For the Safety Of Our Children.Saying “Quote Its Country” Is Simply Not an Excuse ,These Are Our Laws & Our babies Are Our Responsibility To Keep Safe & She knows that , What If We all thought that way? I’m Sorry But this time I Don’t agree With Britney. I Think she put her baby in Danger & Doesn’t even Admit ThatWhat She Did Was Wrong?

16. carleigh says

There are just some chances that mothers take with their kids–but it should NEVER, EVER be at the expense of their PERSONAL SAFETY! Because a small lapse in judgement can be fatal and then it’s too late to take it back and you don’t get do-overs in real life!

17. carleigh says

Michelle Kay-Being “country” or not “country” that is NOT an excuse for Britney to take careless chances with her son…are you aware of the small amount of pressure it would take to snap that baby boys neck??? Be as “country” as you wanna be….but don’t use that dumb ass logic to excuse her stupidity for taking a risk with her son. One small tap on the brake or someone hitting her from behind and Sean P could be instantly killed…and then what would Britney say? OH I was to “COUNTRY” to know that my child should have been put in a 5 pont harness child restraint??? That’s just plain fucked up!

18. Sarah says

I can (kind of) understand riding on your parents’ laps IN THE COUNTRY, on a relatively empty country road, going slowly, etc., occasionally (though this doesn’t mean it’s not still unsafe). But Britney wasn’t IN THE COUNTRY. She was in L.A. The excuse is lame and she should just acknowledge that it wasn’t the brightest move on her part.

19. michelle kay says

nicki let me tell you something i live in the country and britney was only telling the truth we do ride on our parents laps it is a country thing leave the woman alone and get a f-ing life you small minded hypocrite

20. Nicki says

Her side of the story is, “Im country y’all.” Thats the stupidest excuse I have ever heard. Not to mention and insult to country people.