Baby Brangelina Bonanza!

Just for those craving more details about Brangelina’s baby!

No wise men showed up when Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt made her historic debut in Namibia this weekend, but the absence of gold, frankincense and myrrh didn’t do much to quell the excitement caused by Brad and Angelina’s new addition. The eagerly anticipated ankle-biter begins life with the unenviable expectations of her A-list genetics (early word is she has indeed been blessed in the looks department) and the fervent prayers of a hopeful nation (no, not this one). Here’s the latest on Brangelina’s bundle of joy:

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt

The delivery: According to People, Shiloh arrived Saturday night at Cottage Medi-Clinic in Swakopmund, with Angelina’s Los Angeles obstetrician, Jason Rothbart, M.D., performing a caesarean delivery because of a “breech presentation.” “The baby was a healthy 7 pounds,” the doc tells the mag. “Brad was with Angelina in the operating room the entire time and cut the umbilical cord of his daughter. The surgery and birth went flawlessly. The staff, nurses and doctors I worked with at the Cottage Medi-Clinic Hospital were amazing, it was a team effort.” The Jolie-Pitts were equally effusive about the local hospital personnel, thanking them for “their kindness and commitment in assuring the successful birth of our daughter.” Mother and baby “are fantastic,” a source tells People. Jolie, 30, is expected to return soon to the swanky — and fortified — Burning Shores lodge, where the family has been holed up since early April.

A brunette beauty with Brad’s beak: Shiloh is “a beautiful baby,” a loose-lipped insider tattles to In Touch. “She has tufts of brown hair, and Brad’s nose.” No word on whether she was lucky enough to get her mom’s famous pillow lips.

The Second Coming: With Shiloh the Hebrew word for “Messiah” and Nouvel French for “new,” there’s been speculation that the tyke’s tag may be a wink-wink, nudge-nudge nod to talk that her birth is the most heralded since that little nipper in Bethlehem. But the more popular Biblical derivation of Shiloh is “the peaceful one,” which fits nicely with her do-gooder mom’s work as a U.N. goodwill ambassador. There’s also a theory floating around that “Nouvel” could be architecture-buff Brad’s tribute to famed French architect Jean Nouvel.

Jen’s congratulatory call?: Did Jennifer Aniston’s put her plans for a blowout pity party on hold to wish the Jolie-Pitts well? So says Life & Style, which claims that after a discussion with her “Break-Up” beau Vince Vaughn, she “decided to call Brad’s manager and give congratulations from them both.” According to a snitch, Aniston was “proud of herself” for “getting over her personal feelings to pass on her best wishes to the whole family.” Adds a source to In Touch (via Perez Hilton), “Jen’s really relieved now that Angelina’s given birth. It’s finally over. The baby is born, she’ll grow up and maybe now everybody will stop asking her about it.”

Grandpa reaches out: Jon Voight isn’t going to let a little thing like bad blood keep him from celebrating the birth of his grandchild. “I am just so happy for them,” Angie’s estranged dad tells Life & Style. “I wish them all the happiness in the world.” Jolie’s ex-husband Jonny Lee Miller was also willing to share his sentiments with the press, telling the London Sun, “I wish them all the best.”

Brad’s simple gift: What do you give the woman who’s been incubating your progeny for nine long months? Brad, 42, went the craftsy route, presenting Angelina with a braided bracelet made locally by a young girl, reports In Touch. Family-oriented guy that he is, he purportedly picked up a matching bracelet for himself, along with three more for Shiloh, Maddox, 4, and Zahara, 16 months.

How Brangelina marked the birth: Namibia has zealously protected the paparazzi-averse Jolie-Pitts by placing severe restrictions on any press trying to enter the country (written permission from the megastars is required) and aiding their bodyguards in keeping the media at bay (police reportedly ringed the hospital where Jolie delivered). As a show of gratitude to the country that has done so much to guard their privacy, Brangelina have coughed up some cold hard cash, donating $300,000 to needy Namibian newborns. The money will be used to improve maternity wards at hospitals in Walvis Bay and Swakopmund (Namibia’s infant mortality rate is 48 deaths per 1,000 births; the U.S. rate, by comparison, is 5 deaths per 1,000 births, which, by the by, is among the worst in the developed world). “We want to contribute to Namibia and the people who have been so gracious to us at this time,” announced the altruistic amours, who also gave another $15,000 to a local school and community center.

How Namibians marked the birth: Brad and Angelina’s decision to deliver in the poverty-stricken nation has been greeted with elation. “I have been inundated with phone calls from Namibians all over the country who have heard the news and the people are celebrating in the streets, and special prayers have gone out to them in the churches,” the governor of the Erongo region enthuses to Us Weekly. “Just like Angelina, this precious Namibian-born baby will be our ambassador. This family has opened the doors for us to the world, who now look upon Namibia with new eyes.”

Shiloh, Citizen of the World: The newest member of the world’s most beautiful family (as dubbed by People, which is believed to have the inside track on the first photo, a sought-after shot that will reportedly be acquired in exchange for a whopping $5 million donation to UNICEF) will share a connection to Africa with her siblings. Jolie adopted Maddox from Cambodia but assumed custody of him in Namibia while shooting “Beyond Borders,” and she adopted Zahara, with Pitt by her side, from Ethiopia last summer. By law, Shiloh is eligible for Namibian citizenship, says tourism minister Leon Jooste, who adds that he plans to discuss the matter with her parents “at a later stage.”

Brad’s dad dream: Hard to believe, but it was only a year and a half ago that Pitt opened up to Diane Sawyer about his loudly ticking biological clock. “Yes, I have got family on the mind,” he emotionally admitted in December 2004. “Jen and I have been working something out. Little girls, they just crush me — they break my heart.” While that “something” didn’t quite work out with Jen, his headlong sprint into domestic bliss with Jolie has. According to In Touch, the proud pop has been gushing about his offspring to pals over e-mail and passing out cigars.

What’s next: The Jolie-Pitts will reportedly spend a few more weeks in Namibia before returning to Paris, where they’re expected to rendezvous with Brad’s family. After that, says In Touch, they’ll head back to the Los Angeles, where Pitt is due to start work on “Ocean’s Thirteen” in July.

Source & Source

Comments

1. Nicki says

That’s the best you got Courtney? Thanks for the back-up, lol. (Call ya Fri. about b-day party.)

2. Nicki says

#27 Cherisse….That is funny.
    OK. Who would I rather be stuck in an elevator, Katie,( oh by the way, Tom says its Kate now) or Angelina????????
    OK, well presuming I want to get the heck out of there……..I would have to say Angelina. JMC. (just my choice)

3. Jennie says

Cherisse….I’m sorry I don’t know you- but how can you say that Angelinas baby picture she looks retarded?????????
    That, except for the bonnet, she is adorable.
    What about Jen not talking to her Mom for over 10 years. Come on noone is a fly on the wall, everything looks different from the outside, no? Just let them all move on and if you can………………………Wish them all happiness.

4. Nicki says

Sorry, I meant to say “on #26” you left out…………blah, blah blah. Think WH words, SL, CU words. There are a still a few you missed.
    Unless you are half blind, please take the caps off or else get a new script for your old one. It is annoying with all caps, most people don’t even read it. And yes, I am legally blind, but choose to renew my eye script every year.

5. Nicki says

Cherisse………….Take a deep breath! This has been a year and a half already. You sound like Brad dumped you. Get over it, Jen has. Your the one who sounds very unhappy.
    #26 you left out a few curse words, think real hard you might be able to come up with a few more you haven’t used.

6. cherisse says

SHE LOOKS RETARDED ANY WAY AND WHO THE HELL PUT HER BABY PICTURE UP ON THE SCREEN AND SAID IT WAS CUTE WHO AND THE HELL LIED TO YOUR ASS SHE LOOKED RETARDED

I THINK WHAT SHE DOING TO HER FATHER IS WRONG JUST BECAUSE HE SPILLED THE BEANS ON HER JUST FOR ADOPTING A CHILD HOW STUPID IS THAT

BUT I WOULD HAVE GUEST SOMEBODY THAT STUPID WOULD DO SOMETHING SO STUPID
    AND HER LIPS AIN’T EVEN REAL I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF EVERY WHITE MALE SAYING THEY LOOK SEXY THAY LOOK LIKE SHIT ON HER THEY DO NOT LOOK RIGHT ON HER IF I HAD TO PICK A CHOSE BETWEEN KATIE HOLMES OR HER TO BE STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR WITH I CHOOSE KATIE HOLMES AT LEAST SHE IS MORE CLASSY THEN THAT HOE OF A HOME WRECKER

7. cherisse says

I CAN NOT STAND ANGELINA SHE IS NOT BUT A HOME WRECKER HOE AND I HOPE SHE JUST FUCK HERSELF ADN FOR BRAD HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO JEN….SAT UP THERE AND LIED THIS HOLE TIME ” WE AIN’T NOTHING BUT FRIENDS” U LIER I HOPE YOU DID NOT SAY THAT WHEN YOU FUCKER HER THAT DAY

FUCK YOU BOTH I AS A MATTER OF FACT TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE FUCK WAPS DESERVE EACH OTHER GO TO FUCKER HELL YOU SHIT HEAD DICK SICKERS ASSHOLE BASTARDS… JUST GO TO HELL.

8. braydie says

AND michelle…..frowned upon??? what century are you living in?? people have been having kids outta wedlock for years and years and years…and years and years ….etc.

9. braydie says

jen you might of had a bad life but you had choices and you choose all that …i waited til i was married and had a career going to have kids i was also in the system and was passed around from foster home to foster home…im not saying having kids out of wedlock is bad though i dont agree with that but you didnt need to take her comment personally…anyone that has kids know, the kids dont give a crap if your married just as long as you love them and spend time with them …they dont care about no piece of paper, michelle was just bought up diferently and made to believe marriage before sex or children was right…it was her opinion just like your choice to have kids before marriage

10. jen says

LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK

i have a 4mth old baby and a two yr old?i feel blessed everyday for having my two boys.. i had them out of wedlock,,, DOSE THAT MEAN I SHOULDT HAVE THEM?????
    im 21yr old
    they both have the same dad 26YR OLD,, i have my own home,, own buisness,, three cars,, two other homes which i rent..etc etc

i was also brought up in the care system,,
    never got adopted just passed from childrens homes..

i have been through lots of s**t yet ive started from having a one bedroom flat WHEN I WAS 17YR OLD on a bad estate to this?.

alot of MARRIED couples with kids dont have what i do..i didt marry into this me and my partner bilt it frm strach

DOSE HAVING MY BABIES OUT OF WEDLOCK MEAN I DONT DESERVE THEM??

DOSE IT SHIT

11. jen says

I THINK THERE BABY IS A REAL CUTIE.. VERY BONNIE..

WELL DONE AND GOOD LUCK..

BRAD AND JEN WERE NOT MENT TO BE..LIFES TO SHORT FOR BEING UNHAPPY…YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE..

JENS HAPPY NOW WITH VICE

BRAD DEF HAPPY WITH HIS NEW ARRIVAL AND PARTNER

REMEMBER THE BRAD AND JEN THING GAVE THE PRESS A FIELD DAY

NOW ITS DIED DOWN
    DONT BELIVE ALL YOU READ AS THEY MAKE UP
    CRAP TO SELL PAPPERS AND MAGS

26. jen | June 7th, 2006 at 11:55 am
    EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

EVERYONES MENT TO BE ON THIS EARTH IF THEY WERE THEN THEY WOULDT BE HERE SO

THERE LIL ONE IS MENT TO BE

WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO ARGU THAT

WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO ARGU FATE

NONE OF YOU THATS FOR SURE

12. I can't stand ignorant people says

1st of all, to Michelle, Marriage before kids does NOT guarantee that u won’t get divorced. People change and things happen. My parents got married, had 5 kids, and after 25 yrs of marriage decided that it wasn’t working and got divorced.
    2nd- to Marta and Alicia, I disagree with u when u say that Angelina is a home wrecker. She didn’t FORCE Brad to be with her and besides were u guys there in Brad and Jen’s home with them? I don’t think so. Maybe they had other problems in their marriage. I believe that if Jen really loved Brad she would have wanted to have kids with him, I mean they’re not getting any younger. NOW, she says that she wants kids, hmm, maybe it could be because she didn’t want any with Brad. Did u ever think about that? Don’t get me wrong I like Jen as I also like Angie and Brad.
    3rd- To Sandee, Angie didn’t break up Brad and Jen. Once again, u can’t force someone to be with you. I see Brad a lot differently now. He looks happier, more free, and it seems like he is doing things that he enjoys and loves. Also, she was into helping other countries before her and Brad got together. Why does she have to be a “whore” when there are so many trashy girls in this country sleeping around and a lot start very young. I mean have u seen the girls on “girls gone wild”? They do all that crap for a dumb t-shirt! Check out “myspace”, u see a bunch of girls on there claiming to be older and putting pics up where they’re in thongs. Plus, other celebrities have done a lot worse than Angie. Like I said before people change, Angie has changed a lot since becoming a mother. I think that is a great thing and she deserves a chance, although she probably doesn’t really care what ignorant people think of her.
    My prayers go out to Brad, Angie, and their kids. They make a beautiful family and I hope it works out for them.

13. Nicki says

Sandee,
    They probably have enough money to feed everyone there for a day or two. Then what…oh yeah more starving.
    You don’t just buy them food to “cure”, as you call it, you have to teach and develope ways to get and keep clean running drinking water. You have to plant crops, but without the water, that is pretty useless. Among many other factors, it just isn’t as simple as throwing money at the problem to make it go away.
    At the very least they are doing the best they can to help.
    And you say does anyone wonder if the caring about poor countries is a way of overriding her whore rep she got since hooking up with Brad?
    NO, not at all, she has been doing this for over 5 years. So, NO, not at all do I think that.
    Nor do I think of her as a whore, buts thats my opinion, and I know it isn’t yours. Just try to look at all the facts while comimg to your conclusions, they might turn out differently. You still don’t have to like her, thats OK.
    I do and wish them the best!

14. alexzandria says

IM SO HAPPY FOR BRAD AND ANGELINA god bless them they are all in my prayers. marta, sandee get help ladys im going to pray for you all too. alicia go back to school babe .

15. Susan says

While it is true that they gave birth in Namibia, they might as well have been anywhere. They stayed at a 5 star hotel, with security – she had her LA doctor. If they want to prove that they are “of the people” why didn’t she have her baby at a local hospital with a local doctor. Please, ENOUGH on elevating them to sainthood.

16. aLICIA WEIERKE says

I Hate anglina fuck herslef the stupid home wrecker bitch.. go have sex with a lesbian again. gross

17. Lindsey says

I’m happy for them- there’s nothing better than having an adorable new baby. But I do have a wierd anger toward the parents anyway. (And to anyone who honestly believes that Jen was standing in the way of Brad’s happiness and holding him back and not recognizing his desires… thats crap. They need to work together, its not about her giving him everything he wants. If their marriage was going to work, it would have. Don’t place blame!)

18. sandee says

i just hope they stay in Africa if they love it so much…..did anyone ever wonder if just maybe all this “caring” about the poor countries is just a way to override the “whore” reputation that Angelina has been wearing since breaking up Mr. Pitt and J.A.?? i am so sick of hearing about them…if they are so concerned about the starving people over there, i believe they have nearly enough money between themselves to almost cure that problem….but i don’t think that will happen…then they couldn’t live in the lifestyle they want, and they ALSO couldn’t affore the numerous nannies that will be looking after their “adored” children.

19. kelly says

brad and angelina are very caring parents as u can tell. i hope her and brad enjoy the baby life lol. anyway goodluck angelina and brad iwish u all the luck in the future x x x

20. summer says

honestly guys, let them live their life!
    they dont need our blessings or our hate, cos they will do what they want anyway.

21. Tess says

There is a difference between being married and being in a marriage. By the time Ange conceived Jen and Brad were over. It was all a matter of paperwork at that point. Congratulations and best wishes to the Jolie-Pitt family.

22. Hana says

I agree with you Marta! There is a thing called karma and they will get their heart break just like Jennifer Aniston in time!!!

23. Marta says

I can’t stand Angelina now!!! Do you remember what she said when ask if she was having an affair with Brad? She said she doesn’t need to have an affair with a married man because she has 6 lovers however I just did the maths she got pregnant around August and brad and Jen divorced in October. He was still married?? What a hypocrite home wrecker!!!!

24. Sheny Roselle says

I am very very happy for the Jolie-Pitts, I’m sure that all of their babies be loved by them both. You opened namibia to the world as one beauliful country. I admire you Ange. Hope that your relationship wll last till end.

25. Virginia says

I am very happy for Brad and Angelina. More so for Brad, who has had his prayers answered. He is the proud father of a daughter. If only, Jennifer could have overlooked her “career” and thought about her husband’s desires. The story would be different. I wish all of the parties involved the best.

26. Braydie says

for once i agree with nicki…it doesnt matter if parents are married or not…as long as their children are taken care of and loved… its 2006 Michelle , we would like to see you here

27. Nicki says

I wish them all the best too. Such a loving and giving family. It’s so nice to see.
    I’m not really sure, but I don’t think it up to other people to set examples for our children. That is the parents job, and yes it is hard, but that is the parents job, not society’s job.
    Children learn by LOVE and EXAMPLE of how thier “teachers”(Mom and/or Dad) are consistant in thier teachings. Only best wishes for the whole Jolie-Pitt family.

28. Mandy Hone says

I do wish them all the happiness I think they deserve,they make a great loving couple and beautiful family.They care about children and mean to make it better for as many as they can.I believe Jolie gave Brad a purpose and meaning to his life.May they enjoy.Best Wishes Mandy

29. Michelle says

I am wondering if marriage before children is no longer frowed upon? I feel with Tom and Kate, Brad and Angelina having children before marriage and making such major news that it’s making a poor impression on our younger generations. Plus, I would be interested to hear what scientology says about marriage before children?
    What about birth control?
    I would really like to see an article about this, to express to our younger children that we care about them and their relationships. I wonder how high the statistics are for divorce if you have a child before marriage, because what marriage is up to 60% now days. How many people who have children then get married stay togther?

I just want to encourage our children to be smarter about sex and the long term commentment that can come with it. The relationship might not last, but a baby is.

Just my thoughts on these babies.