Angelina & Brad Donate Money To Help Babies In Namibia

Angelina and Brad have celebrated the birth of their daughter by donating $300,000 to help other babies in Namibia. The money will be used to improve the maternity wards of two state hospitals, one in Walvis Bay and the other in Swakopmund. The hospital that Angelina had Shiloh at (Welwitschia Clinic in Walvis Bay) is a private hospital. Most Namibians rely on state hospitals. The couple also pledged $15,000 for a school and a community center in Swakopmund.

“We want to contribute to Namibia and the people who have been so gracious to us at this time,” the celebrities were quoted as saying in the statement.

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt

Comments

1. braydie says

OMG JEN GET OFF OF IT YOUVE SAID THOSE THINGS IN EVERY FREAKING POST YOU WRITE …THE SAME EXACT THING!!!!
    and to Angelina’s Fan , your tryin to tell me that if no one would ever buy her movies or go to her movies she would be doing any of the things shes doing and then having people call her a lifesaver for 3rd world countries??? they do cuz shes rich thats the only reason …you think where she had her daughter, made it reporter free from the goodness of there hearts?? no she paid for it. other wise she wouldnt of had her doctor from america go there OR stay in a 5 star hotel that is owned by a american company…she had all the comforts of HOME but wasnt in her HOME county.
    as for children in 3rd world countries that are in poor condition …there are alot of children here in america that are in dire need of a loving family also…you make it sound as if no child from america would be good enough because its mother didnt die of aids. ANGELINA wants all the comforts of america, but why would she since it seems she hates it here and only comes back to make another movie to make acouple more millions to feed people in countries WE”VE been tryin to help forever and all they do is crap on there own country, i used to give money to 3rd world countries,, OMG people other then angelina also give money) but stopped when my money was supposed to go for birth control and i seen a video of them throwin the birth control on the ground and leaving it there…now i give it to a awsome charity here in my state that helps abused children..i know where my money is goin and how its helping ….can angelina say that???

2. jen says

EVERYONES MENT TO BE ON THIS EARTH IF THEY WERE THEN THEY WOULDT BE HERE SO

THERE LIL ONE IS MENT TO BE

WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO ARGU THAT

WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO ARGU FATE

NONE OF YOU THATS FOR SURE

4. jen says

I THINK THERE BABY IS A REAL CUTIE.. VERY BONNIE..

WELL DONE AND GOOD LUCK..

BRAD AND JEN WERE NOT MENT TO BE..LIFES TO SHORT FOR BEING UNHAPPY…YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE..

JENS HAPPY NOW WITH VICE

BRAD DEF HAPPY WITH HIS NEW ARRIVAL AND PARTNER

REMEMBER THE BRAD AND JEN THING GAVE THE PRESS A FIELD DAY

NOW ITS DIED DOWN
    DONT BELIVE ALL YOU READ AS THEY MAKE UP
    CRAP TO SELL PAPPERS AND MAGS

5. jen says

LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK

i have a 4mth old baby and a two yr old…i feel blessed everyday for having my two boys.. i had them out of wedlock,,, DOSE THAT MEAN I SHOULDT HAVE THEM?????
    im 21yr old
    they both have the same dad 26YR OLD,, i have my own home,, own buisness,, three cars,, two other homes which i rent..etc etc

i was also brought up in the care system,,
    never got adopted just passed from childrens homes..

i have been through lots of s**t yet ive started from having a one bedroom flat WHEN I WAS 17YR OLD on a bad estate to this….

alot of MARRIED couples with kids dont have what i do..i didt marry into this me and my partner bilt it frm strach

DOSE HAVING MY BABIES OUT OF WEDLOCK MEAN I DONT DESERVE THEM??

DOSE IT SHIT

6. Jhon says

I love Angeline Jolie, I want to eat her. I’m 16, but my wish is to get sex with her. If she want to talk to me here is my msn ste_88rolo@hotmail.com E-mail me. I’m not ugly. I don’t think that you care about money, because I don’t have money

I am not a fan but I am not a hater. I don’t agree with their action as far as adultery and breaking up a marriage but if it’s going to happen it’s going to happen. I applaud them for what they’re doing. If I ahd the means to do the same thing I would. They can only do so much and they both decided to help out what we don’t see. Please don’t judge them for that’s not your job to judges. GOD WILL DO THAT WHEN THE TIME COMES. Congratulaion Angie and Brad. I wish you all the best and keep up the good work. I am proud of the both of you.

Dee

8. Sophia says

It appears to me that all of these stars think they are “above the law ” so to speak. They have no boundaries so they just do as they please. Also it doesn’t appear any of them have any “real” Christian beliefs that certain things are done or not done so again thay do as they please and could care less.

9. Angelina's Fan says

Braydie,

Why is Angelina obligated to do good to those who made her famous? I’m her fan. I buy her movies. She owes me nothing. And not all her fans are in the USA so why must she adopt there?

In terms of adoption, I guarentee you that there are a significant number of children, of all ages, in 3rd World Countries who are in extremely poor conditions.

And I didn’t say so-called ‘Angelina/Brad Haters’ couldn’t post here. Personally I can’t understand why people would be so intentionally mallicious about people they don’t even know. It seems very sad and childish that they have nothing to do but slag other people off. What fullfilling lives they must lead, hey.

Angelina has the perrogative to adopt wherever she chooses. American citizens adopt children outside of America all the time – it doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate their country. According to you, they are traitors. Nice, Braydie.

10. cathieah8@aol.com says

God Bless an best wishes to all your family..A newborn baby is truly a blessing from God. I accepy your family first choices an Love will conquer all…love cathie & dave harris Lynn Massachusettxs

11. summer says

as 4 u all u other guys…………..

. mommiejae
    is right about 1 thing it is none of our business.

12. mommiejae says

a good deed is a good deed no matter when, where or to whom it was done. i’m pretty sure pitt-jolie have given charitable contributions to some charity here in the u.s. also. they don’t put out all their business out there. and you don’t know if they are not married yet, just because you haven’t seen or heard anything from the press, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. and if they really aren’t married yet, it is none of your bees wax. that is their life. how many marriages have ended up in divorce anyway? come on now, people, get real!
    congratulations to angelina and brad for their new addition. all their kids are very lucky to have good hearted parents! i have 5 kids myself and i know how difficult it is to raise them, what more if i was famous like angelina and brad?! they already have too much pressure on them, so, to haters out there- just sh– up! you’re just jealous, admit it!

13. Tracy says

Who cares,why does everyone talk about these people that have babies and are NOT married.I don’t think it is good for our young people to think this is allright.WHY DON’T THESE PEOPLE GET MARRIED BEFORE THEY BRING THESE PRECIOUS BABIES INTO THE WORLD?????????????

14. amy says

i am so excited for the two. it has been long awaiting . they are great people and desreve the beautiful baby they were blessed with!!!!!!! congradulations brad and angie, i your #1 fan

15. Nikki says

Wonderful that they had their baby,,,,,, Congrats to them ! Hope they are soooooo happy , she broke up a marriage , they both committed adultery, had a baby out of wedlock , when are we going to stop supporting people with no morals? No wonder this world is in the shape it is.

16. Braydie says

and by the way we angelina and brad haters have a right to say whatever we want about them just like you do so get off your high horse…angelina’s fan OMG

17. Braydie says

Angelina’s Fan,
    ACTUALLY theres a waiting list of people that want babies(under age 1) to be adopted, now if you want to talk the amount of children age one to 17 theres millions in america…if angelina was sucha great person for adopting acouple kids and if she wants to do good by the people who actually make her famous(AMERICANS) maybe she should adopt one of these kids here…what a 4 or 8 year old isnt good enough for them?
    yea im gonna applaud them for making countries better even though the people that actually live there treat there country like crap

18. Angelina's Fan says

Why if you hate Angelina or Brad would you both to read this news and post messages about them?

And just because they are from America doesn’t mean they have to do everything there. They are using their fame to promote goodness. It’s more than most people, celebs and ordinary folk do. People seem to forget that.

19. Angelina's Fan says

Actually in America there is a waiting list for children – there are more people that want to adopt than there are children who need to be adopted… So adopting children from 3rd World Countries is the best option. Why slate someone doing something good? It’s beyond me. It is so kind of the Jolie-Pitt’s to do this. They should be applauded for their goodness, not criticised.

20. Farrah S. says

To Nikki
    I mean no disrespect, but i think american children have alot people talking for them, on the other hand African children don’t, they need all the help they can get, Brad and Angie are just doing something good for them, yes maybe they should also help American children but the USA is the most richest country in the world. Mamibia on the other hand is one of the poorest countries in the world.
    I applaude them for helping, and i hope that they continue to so.
    Again i mean no disrespec to you!

21. Jodi Young says

I would like to say congratss! You guys are so wonderful and sincere. I wish I could make a difference like you guys . Best wishes and I am very happy for you both. Much love and Happiness.

Jodi 🙂

22. Nikki says

There are plenty of ppl. and places that need things right here in the U.S. – you know, the country where they both made their fortunes! Not to mention all of the children here that need to be adopted. I think they need to be reminded of where they came from.

23. Lady says

I Just found out he is 12 years older than her, which was a surprise. She is only 3 years older than Katie Holmes so I take it Hollywood’s guys are into younger women