Angelina Has Daughter & Names Her Shiloh Nouvel!

Angelina and Brad have had their baby! Congratulations!

“The night of May 27, 2006 in Namibia, Africa, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt welcomed their daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt. No further information is being given,” publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a statement.

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt

Shiloh in some interpretations means, “his gift, gift for him.” It also refers to someone who establishs a kingdom of peace. The meaning of the name Shiloh is strongly connected with peace, and peace-making. Both meanings are certainly quite powerful and thoughtful. The French word nouvel means, “of a new kind, or novel.” So maybe the name they gave their daughter means, “one who will establish a new kingdom of peace.” Cool!

Honestly though, I would not want to be named Shiloh…or Bluebell or Suri for that matter! Nouvel Jolie could sound pretty, but Shiloh Pitt not so much.
Photo of Welwitschia private hospital in the coastal town of Walvis Bay near Swakopmund where Angelina gave birth to Shiloh.

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt

Comments

1. COCOA says

Hope after all that has transpired Angelina is not heart broken when she found out that Brad is still in Love with Jen even after her giving him the family he wanted GO JEN Go

2. COCOA says

3. Nicki says

Exactly Braydie. Did even one doctor or nurse or pub. agent even say anything AT ALL about her delivery? I did hear something about it was here and at this time…………….but thats it. At least AJ’s doctor spoke and confirmed everything went well.
    Why hasn’t there even been a crappy picture, long distance, blurry, etc. of them taking the baby Suri to the dr. for check-ups and such?

4. Nicki says

And Suri, if she even exists, is a normal name?
    Brad ain’t married to Jen now, it’s over, been over for over a year and a half.

5. cherisse says

I AM NOT HAPPY FOR THEM AT ALL AFTER THE WHOLE INCIDENT WITH BRAD LYING THE WHOLE DAMN TIME I JUST DO NOT GIVE A FLYING SHIT ABOUT THEM ANY MORE AFTER THAT IT SHOWED ME WHAT KIND OF A PERSON BRAD REALLY IS AND SHOWED ME THAT ANGELINA HAD NEVER CHANGED

BRAD YOU ARE A LYING ASS BITCH
    AND
    ANGELINA YOU ARE A HOME WRECKER HOE WHO HAD TO STEAL SOMEONE ELSES MAN JUST TO HAVE A BABY WITH A STUPID ASS NAME.

6. cherisse says

IS KATIE HOLMES THE ONLY ONE TO GIVE BIRTH WITHOUT C-SECTION WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON….
    I REALLY DO NOT LIKE THIS COUPLE
    BUT
    FOR THE COUPLE WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU NAMING THAT CHILD THAT THAT IS THE MOST HORRIBLE NAME I EVER HEAR AND I THOUGHT THE NAME APPLE WAS WEIRD HELLO DO YOU CARE AT ALL OF YOU DAUGHTERS FUTURE

IT IS BAD ENOUGH THAT YOU LIED ABOUT BEING FRIENDS WHEN BRAD WAS STILL MARRIED BUT WHAT THE FUCK

7. adriana says

Hello agelina,my name is adriana, iam dominican , but i live in NY ,iam very happy for your baby ,she is very beatyfull, i have to say thanks to you for help the poor babies and that babies to need loveof a mother, now you have a bautifull baby that god gaveyou to you give love, iam speak a litter english, but i do not if are goin to read this but i have to say that you and brad are the more nice, beautifull and important couple the world for ,not only because you end brad are beautifull , is because you arenot like the other actors that they when are famous they forgot their countries, and the people that need help like the childrens, i an admirer your angelina , and in my future i want to meet you that my wish and help the peoples , that neend too much somebodythat guive they love , thanks angelina very very much i saw your photo with the babies and brad you are the more beautifull famili, but my question is when i can meet you, ? the answer is never ,because iam very poor and iam not a famous and not important but i don siad iam poor because iam interes in mony for me the money is important for help a baby wish who need i said this because you can think this iam wrote this letter because an admirer your . angelina you are my favorite actor . have a happy life with your family forever your friend adriana forever.

8. Jennifer says

I cant belive that Angellina having a C-section is anyones business!!!! She had a legitimate medical reason to have one. To reality sandwiches, did you know that if a woman tries to deliver a breech baby vaginally that the baby’s head could get stuck in the vaginal canal and compress the umbilical cord and that baby would die!!! As someone who used to work on the labor delivery floor I have seen such tradgedy. So please mind your P’s & Q’s and worry about yourself. If you are a woman I hope this never happens to you. As for the name Shiloh I am not really fond of it but I do love Angelina’s name as this is our 3 month old daughters name. I have to say though I am a big fan of Angelina’s and used to be of Brad’s but he just seems to have changed so much!

9. Dr.BeeMD says

I’m neither a fan of either of them, but I think that given that they’ve gone into seclusion to have this child, and keep their family safe from harms way ( ie: papparazzi), I’m wondering why the public is so concerned by the manner in which this child was born. GOOD Dr.s dont allow women to make choices about how they would PREFER to have a child. Angelina needed a C-section for something that was medically indicated ( fetal distress, fetal malposition). As a women, who had a C-section, I have this to say: I would rather bounce back from a vaginal birth than go through surgery again where they have to cut through skin, fat, muscle, uterus to get to your baby… It takes SO much longer to heal. I doubt Angelina made that choice because of preference. C’mon guys.

10. Angelina's Fan says

Thank you Sarah. Congratulations Angelina and Brad. It’s no-ones business how she delivers the baby. It’s her body and her baby.

11. Braydie says

I cant stand angelina but i agree with sarah about the c section and reality sandwinches either is a guy that dont know what the hell hes talking about or a really dumb girl..REALLY DUMB

12. sarah says

This comment is for reality sandwinches….when a baby is in breech position (as Angelina’s baby was) it is NOT “much healthier for the baby and your own body to have a natural delivery”. While a woman shouldn’t have an elective C-section….sometimes it is necessary. While you are entitled to your own opinion, if you are going to leave a smart ass comment, you should at least know what you are talking about.

13. Sue says

Congrats Brad and Angelina!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think that’s a beautiful name, you both are very lucky parents to have a healthy baby.
    Remember, she is a gift to both of you and cherrish her just like you already cherrish the other 2 beautiful children you have.
    Peace and love to you and your little family 🙂

“A gift for him”…..most people would just buy a watch or a jacket for “him”
    Funny though I had a dog named Shiloh….

15. reality sandwinches says

too posh to push!!

I would have thought she would have at least tried for a natural delivery considering her choice of birth place and comments about feeling at home here. It is much healthier for the baby and your own body to have a natural delivery.

I noticed all the celebrities are going in for the c-section births – I suspect they are getting a tummy tuck too so they can look like they never had a baby.

what a price to pay for vanity

16. Angelina's Fan says

The most original name of their family yet! Interesting and beautiful choice. “Gift for him” and “Peace” – sounds very appropriate. Congratulations to the happy family

17. carol says

i wish both mom and dad , all the health and happiness they both deserve, how proud they must be , a new addition to an already beautiful, family ,as for weather they marry it is none of anyones business , it’s their lives and the lives of their beautiful children , you don’t have to marry to love someone and to spend the rest of your life with them , , just look around you , you see it all the time , just because they are movie stars , doesn.t give antone the right to inter fer in their business , or their family ,, what ever they do , i wish them all the best and love and happiness

18. Cass says

What a horrible name-i’m sorry but it really is. Suri is a pretty name but what they have named their’s is not pretty!!

19. Carleigh says

You guys are kinda slow tonight..I already posted this under my last comment here…asleep at the wheel someone? lol