Tom Cruise Victim of "Merchant of Chaos" Oh My!

Seems as though Tom’s PR folks are trying mighty hard to whip up some good old-fashioned sympathy for the guy. They know everyone is angry with him and are giving the “poor little Tom” story a good push. Remember when he took a jab at Brooke Shields when she has post-partum depression after her daughter Rowan was born? Yikes! I hope Katie doesn’t suffer from post-partum depression as I doubt that Tom would be very sympathetic.

Katie Holmes pregnant

In an intriguing new interview out this weekend in PARADE magazine, Tom Cruise talks candidly about his father — a father he claims was abusive and “a merchant of chaos.”

Speaking at his home to PARADE Contributing Editor Dotson Rader, Tom says his childhood was difficult. “I had no really close friend, someone who understands you. I was always the new kid with the wrong shoes, the wrong accent. I didn’t have the friend to share things with and confide in.” He says that loneliness, combined with a father who he calls “a bully and a coward,” made growing up extremely hard.

Tom says his father was “the kind of person where, if something goes wrong, they kick you. It was a great lesson in my life — how he’d lull you in, make you feel safe and then, bang! For me, it was like, ‘There’s something wrong with this guy. Don’t trust him. Be careful around him.’ There’s that anxiety.”

As a young boy, Cruise could not read and was placed in remedial classes. That, he says, combined with his small stature, made him feel isolated and excluded — and also caused him to be picked on. “So many times the big bully comes up, pushes me,” he said. “Your heart’s pounding, you sweat, and you feel like you’re going to vomit. I’m not the biggest guy, I never liked hitting someone, but I know if I don’t hit that guy hard he’s going to pick on me all year. I go, ‘You better fight.’ I just laid it down. I don’t like bullies.”

Cruise also discusses his two previous marriages to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman. “I don’t forget the good times I had with those people,” he says. “I’m respectful of what we had together. I don’t try to think about every horrible thing there was. But you don’t live life and not know heartache, sorrow and fear. You learn that those things are just part of life. That takes some doing, but it can be done.”

Before ending the interview, Cruise introduced Rader to his his current fiancee Katie Holmes. In the article, Rader describes her as “dazed, passive and vacant.”

“He began hooting how beautiful she was,” says the author. “Touching and kissing her like a teenage boy on his first backseat date, aware that he was being watched.”

This sounds very weird to me!

Tom Cruise is an excellent actor, i watched him the other day on top gear, my top films are, Risky Business, Legend, Magnolia, Collateral, Jerry Maguire, Minority Report, Interview With The Vampire, The Last Samurai, Top Gun, Mission Impossible, But that’s fucking difficult cuz the guy has made so many bloody brilliant flicks!

2. martie jensen says

Tom Cruise is immature, insecure and has issues of jealousy. Definately has lots of issuses-baggage. ..He was married to the most gorgeous woman in the world, and a fantastic and original actress-the beautiful Nicole Kidman. Who is he trying to fool, Katie can’t act and acts like a robot, nothing genuine about her except the creepy fantansy she had as a teenager saying she was going to be Tom Cruise’s wife. How weird. They are two of a kind-they deserve each other. An immature, midlife crisis man seeking an adoring fan wiling to do ANYTHING to be his robotic creepy wife. YUK. Hoorah for Nicole for having the dignity and intelligence and good sense to the wash her hands of him and his fanatical religion, and she still is and always and has been the more talented of the two, he may have held her back during their marraige but she won an Oscar-has Tom won anything besides a no talented wannabe celebrity? Congrates to Nicole and Keith on their beautiful baby girl Sinday Rose. Tom Who?

3. Amelia says

I think Tom and Katie are just . . . Weird. Nicole Kidman is better . . . She’s nicer too. I dunno . . . What happened happened and what is is I guess. Let Tom and his new family live happily in their Scientologoy life . . . I just don’t think Tom should be trying to drag everyone into Scientology with him . . .That’s why Nicole and him divorced.

4. Cheyenne says

I believe that he may be going through the mid-life crisis. Isnt he near 40? Who knows for sure? Guess we just have to wait to see if this marriage lasts. 3rd times a charm, so they say, and they also say 3 strikes your out. Go figure!

5. Ann says

Having a baby and then marriage? Isn’ t that backwards? What kind of morals does that set for his other two children?

6. JULIE says

7. helen says

He is in love and Happy!!! Please leave them alone!!! I’m happy for them because I’m also in love and I know how it feels. We live in cynical world if he is private about his live he is gay and if he is happy and in love he is crazy? come on America stop being brain washed by the media